Laundry confession

I have a confession to make.  I dread doing laundry.  It's not the actual washing that I mind but rather the folding and putting it away.  It's a little weird seeing that I love clothes so much.  I just like clean, already folded, and put away clothes.  An aunt of mine once said that my wrinkled, unfolded laundry makes her eyes twitch.  Isn't that what an iron is for?

Since I don't want Santa to be scared off by my piles of laundry when he comes down our chimney this weekend, I have resigned myself to stay in the house today until it is all taken care of.  Or maybe it is a feeble attempt to stay away from the Anthropologie sale I mentioned yesterday (I went twice).

As luck would have it, I got dressed this Sunday.  Sundays are often comfy clothes/no photo days.  But, we had a birthday party to attend and I try to look presentable for little kids parties so I don't scare anyone.  Speaking of which, wear cute socks to parties when they are at a place like The Little Gym. You don't want to have to spend the entire party coming up with excuses as to why your socks are mangled while your kids socks are perfectly matched (or worse, trying to hide holes your socks while your kid somersaults around the gym).

  
Daily Style File
Top:  Elizabeth & James via T.J.Maxx (Fall 2011) last worn here
Turtleneck:  Mossimo via Target (Fall 2011)
Dress:  Xhilaration by Target (Spring 2011) similar linked
Necklaces:  Simply Vera by Vera Wang for Kohl's (Fall 2009) last worn here
Socks:  Old Navy (Fall 2011)
Boots:  Nine West Vintage America via Belk (Fall 2011)

I Wore It Where?
birthday party, lunch, errands

No comments:

Post a Comment