Day 12: Twelve Days of Turtlenecks

I've been wanting to try the colorblocking trend for a while now.  It's all over the fashion world but I hadn't felt like I had anything to make it work well.  Until now.   Remember my post from here when I said a shopping trip was in order?  Since I always keep the promises I make, I stopped at some outlets on the way home from our Ikea adventure.  Twist my arm. 

Enter Forever 21.  It was the first and only store we went into.  Seriously.  It may have been divine intervention that the parking spot we snagged put us into the mall right by Forever 21. Turtlenecks were a little sparse but this one jumped out at me.  Literally.  I walked straight into the rack.  Lucky for me, the color is vibrant and exciting and I love the texture.  The skirt is another find from the day and when I saw the $7.80 price tag I bought it in multiple colors.  should. have. bought. more. 

That wraps up the Twelve Days of Turtlenecks.  My neck is excited to make its debut again tomorrow.

P.S. colorblocking = wearing 2 or more solid blocks of vibrant color
 

 Daily Style File
Turtleneck Sweater:  Forever 21 (Fall 2011)
Turtleneck:  Old Navy (Fall 2011)
Skirt:  Forever 21 (Fall 2011)
Tights:  Spanx
Boots:  Nine West Vintage America via Belk (Fall 2011)

I Wore It Where?
grocery store, preschool meeting

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Krista! I went to our local Forever 21 to see if they had one for you. No luck though. Perhaps it was just an outlet item?

    ReplyDelete