Orange crush

I'm so glad color and pattern have made their way into my closet (as opposed to my college years when black prevailed) because it makes it okay that I bought this bright orange skirt and have it plastered to my a-double-s today.  Perhaps that is a perk of adulthood, an unabashed feeling of it's okay to love what you wear and wear what you love.

If you know me, you know I have an awful habit that when people compliment my clothes, I answer with "I got it at x store for only $y."  Seriously, I just spurt it out.  It's like I am some sort of math genius - but totally not.  It doesn't matter if the item was bought 5 days ago or 5 years ago.  I can't remember to buy milk half the time, but have no fear because I can rattle off the contents and prices for almost all items in my closet.  Sigh.

For good measure, this outfit cost under $38 (minus the boots).  Want a breakdown?  I know you do.  Turtleneck $7, Camisole $4.97, Skirt $7.80, Bracelets $9.97, Belt $8.  The boots were $65 on sale + coupon for anyone wondering.  None of the orange pieces were purchased during the same season or from the same store but they all work together.  J.Crew's catalog is just one of the latest to show that same color on color is on-trend right now and can give great outfit and color inspiration. 

P.S. Wearing gray with bright skirts rather than black softens the color and makes it feel more updated.


RUN over to Anthropologie.  PRONTO.  
They are practically giving things away today 12.20.11:
P.P.S. I think it was fate that my outfit matched their sale.

Daily Style File
Turtleneck:  Old Navy (Fall 2011)
Camisole:  Gap (Summer 2011)
Skirt:  Forever 21 (Fall 2011)
Bracelets: Bebe (Summer 2010)
Belt:  Gap (Fall 2011)
Boots:Nine West Vintage America via Belk (Fall 2011)

I Wore It Where?
preschool, storytime, mall 

1 comment: