Day 7: Twelve Days of Turtlenecks

Well, I got my clothes put on the right way today (see yesterday's post for more on that).  Whew.  It's the little things that count, isn't it?

I actually had another dress picked out today, but after trying it on I decided to find something else to wear.  Why, you ask?  Because I got stuck in it.  Seriously.  No joke.  Luckily the hubs was here to help while muttering and laughing "Are you kidding me?" - all the while I was muttering something about how I don't know how these things happen to me.  Oh, and did I mention the kids were looking on in total amusement confusion?  It turned out that the zipper wasn't pulled down all the way.  Oops.  That definitely would have made it easier.  (I say luckily because I have gotten stuck in an outfit while the hubs wasn't home before...and it isn't a fond memory.  You can only imagine the texts going back and forth on that one.  That time it was due to a broken zipper.  Maybe I need to just revert to snaps and buttons.)

The dress I am wearing eluded me all summer.  It ties in the back and I couldn't figure out how to wear a bra with it (an essential item for anyone with mom boobs) so it sat with its' clearance tags in my closet.   I brought it to a tailor at one point, but they wanted to charge more than I paid for the dress just to put some support it in.  No thanks.  But, a turtleneck is the perfect solution and such an easy way to bring a summer dress into Fall/Winter.

P.S. Thank you to everyone for visiting and sharing the blog with friends.  I am overwhelmed at the positive response.  You all sure know how to make this mommy feel okay about plastering pictures of herself all over the internet!


Daily Style File
Turtleneck:  Old Navy (Fall 2011)
Dress:  Gap (Summer 2011)
Pants:  J.Crew  via J.Crew Warehouse Sale (Fall 2011)
Necklace:  Anthropologie (Spring 2011) similar linked
Belt:  Gap (2004-ish)
Clogs:  Anthropologie  (Spring 2011)

I Wore It Where?
preschool, kindermusik, errands

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I am impressed. The blog looks great--cute layout and design. Love the 12 days of turtlenecks idea, and love, love, love your fab boots. I dream of having a closet full of gorgeous boots.

    You've got a reader!!!!

    ReplyDelete