Day 9: Twelve Days of Turtlenecks

Here we are friends, Day 9.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to Day 13.  It doesn't damper my love of turtlenecks, just makes me realize that perhaps I need a little more turtleneck variety.  Seems like a shopping trip is in order.  Ah, yes, my kind of problem solving:  shopping.

I love mixing cream and white and nothing says winter better than a cream cable knit sweater.  It's classic but not boring.  It's hard to see in the pictures, but my pants are a wide wale corduroy, perfect for pairing with a chunky knit sweater.  Cropped pants and boots are always a cool look to me, even though trends right now are long and wide or short and skinny.  Guess I am just combining the two trends into one: short and wide.

The headband is my alternative to jewelry today.  Although my almost 4 year old told me it doesn't look good with my glasses.  Gee, thanks, kiddo.  Maybe she wants to wear it herself or she is a fashion critic in the making.  Either way, I am not easily deterred so on my head it stays.  I'm looking for some new headbands, so if you have any inexpensive suggestions, I'd love to hear it!

Daily Style File
Sweater:  Caslon via Nordstrom (Fall 2008)
3/4 Tee: Old Navy (Fall 2011)
Pants: Theory via Off Saks Fifth Avenue (2004-ish)
Headband:  Tasha via Nordstrom (Spring 2011)
Bracelets: Gifted
Boots:  Franco Sarto via Nordstrom Rack (Fall 2011)

I Wore It Where?
preschool, eye doctor, errands, out to eat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment