Hello yellow

A little bit of color can go a long way sometimes.  I like that my yellow necklace and boots are just peeking out today.  Well hello, yellow.

Something about my tunic has always reminded me of a men's nightshirt.  Yes, for the record, those still exist.  But shouldn't.  Don't google it because all sorts of visuals will come up that you will wish you hadn't seen. Ask me how I know.  FYI - There is nothing redeeming about a men's nightshirt but at least now I no longer see as much similarity between my tunic and the aforementioned man item.  Getting back to my men's nightshirt tunic....

This tunic can be a little difficult to wear since it doesn't have much shape but layering solved the problem.  The wide leg jeans help to balance the shape (or lack thereof) and, a belt gives it what it doesn't have - a waist.  Of course a turtleneck would have worked perfectly under it, but I decided to stay true to the v-neckline and wear my necklace more like a scarf by tucking the longer strands in.  Not quite as warm, but pretty indeed. 


Daily Style File
Sweater:  Halogen via Nordstrom (old)
Tunic:  J.Crew via the J.Crew Warehouse Sale (Fall 2011)
Jeans:  7 For All Mankind via T.J.Maxx (Fall 2008) similar linked
Necklace:  H&M (old)
Belt:  Old Navy (Fall 2011)
Boots:  BCBGirls (old)

I Wore It Where?
errands

No comments:

Post a Comment