Masculine + Feminine

I've been wanting a pair of oxford shoes (a.k.a. saddle shoes, wingtips, etc) for a while now.  They are a perfect alternative to boots or flats in the winter time.  It's taken me a little while to find some I thought were worth buying.  I am so glad I waited because I was able to score a pair for only $26 this weekend - originally $85!  I love it when that happens.

I love juxtaposing masculine and feminine and this outfit does just that:  baggy boyfriend jeans, ruffle blouse, and oxfords.  Plus, I needed to go to the post office and having learned my lesson last time, I thought I would try looking effortlessly casual in hopes that when I emerge I will look more intentionally carefree and less like I just got served by my kids.  Wish me luck.

P.S. I got an awesome text from a friend today with a picture of a friend who was inspired by The Twelve Days of Turtlenecks to wear a turtleneck under her dress today. I am so flattered! I have gotten a lot of comments like this lately and am so glad you all are uncovering the power of turtlenecks.  You look adorable, friend of friend!



Daily Style File
Blouse:  Gap (Summer 2011)
Jeans:  True Religion (2005-ish) last worn here
Belt:  J.Crew via Accessory Swap (Fall 2010)
Necklace:  Gifted
Shoes:  B.O.C. Born Concept via DSW (Winter 2011)    

I Wore It Where?
errands

No comments:

Post a Comment