Day 8: Twelve Days of Turtlenecks

My son had a regular check-up with the pediatrician today.  While most days I try to make myself presentable, on pediatrician visit days I really try.  You see, I am a hot mess after giving birth (and not Kim Kardashian hot, mind you).  I am talking tired, swollen, sweaty, emotional, sore, and scared to death - with a newborn in my arms, milk stains on my shirt, tears in my eyes, and just a total feeling of what the heck just happened.  Once I finally get myself back together, I make it a point to look like I am not rocking in a corner all day since I am quite certain that is what I look like in the first year months after giving birth.  Seriously moms, it takes time and lots of it to get back to "normal".  Well, either that or plastic surgery. 

As the doc was checking my son's teeth, I got concerned I hadn't gotten all the blue crayon off his teeth since I found him chewing on one earlier in the morning during preschool drop-off.  Deciding honesty was best, I mentioned it to her.  Lucky for me, she laughed (instead of reprimanding me) and told me she wants to make sure I include that tidbit in my blog post today.  So, Dr. L., there you go.  I have now divulged that my son has an affinity for crayons.

P.S. I know there are rules of wearing white after Labor Day.  If you are one of those believers, think of my dress as winter white.  The Spring/Summer 2011 fashion trends said a white summer dress was essential.  I was thrilled when I found this for under $9 at Target and even though we are long past Summer, I am still getting use out of it thanks to - you guessed it - my handy black turtleneck!


Daily Style File
Turtleneck: Mossimo via Target (Fall 2011)
Dress:  Tracy Feith for Target (Spring 2011)
Cardigan:  Express (Fall 2008)
Necklace:  Bebe (Spring 2011)
Belt:  Old Navy (Fall 2011)
Tights: Spanx
Boots:  Steven by Steve Madden via Nordstrom (Fall 2008)

I Wore It Where?
preschool, pediatrician's office, errands

No comments:

Post a Comment