Winter white

Ever since I was young, it has been engrained into my head that you don't wear white from Labor Day (September) until Memorial Day (May).  I never questioned it and always dutifully put away my white clothes until the summer months when they are "allowed" to be included in my wardrobe again.

Well, there's a new sheriff in town and guess what, I am banishing the white rule.  Snow is white, so why can't my pants be?  Case in point with one of my favorite outfits.  It looks fresh and season appropriate.  So, today I decided to break out the white pants.  I think the trick to wearing white in the winter is to layer it and pair it with season appropriate pieces.  Like my heavy shawl collar sweater and, wait for it, a turtleneck.  The chunky wide belt adds some substance and balances out the heaviness of the sweater.

Hair update:  I tried to do a small braid as an alternative to the twist. Who knew braiding your own hair was so hard?  I mean, it is really really hard.  My fingers and hands were all confused.  I can braid my daughter's hair in my sleep but apparently I can't braid my own on a full 8 hours.  To keep it real, I posted a nice close up for you to see.  Oh, and if it looks greasy, thank the styling balm I attempted to use.  Apparently the trick is to use just a dab.  Oops.


Daily Style File
Turtleneck:  Old Navy (Fall 2011) last worn here
Sweater: Vince. via T.J.Maxx (Fall 2009) last worn here
Pants: Gap (Summer 2011)
Belt: Gap (old) last worn here
Shoes:  Lucky Penny via Anthropologie (Spring 2011) last worn here

I Wore It Where?
preschool

No comments:

Post a Comment