Orange you glad to be here?

We had an Open House at our preschool this weekend and nothing says "Welcome to our Preschool" quite like a tight, bright orange skirt.  Well, the bright says "Welcome" and the tight says, "You've had enough spinach cheese balls, Kristie."

There is something about this color.  Once I wear it I just want to keep doing so.  Case in point:  I wore the skirt both Saturday and Sunday after wearing my orange vest on Friday.  Bright, easy, fun.  What's not to love?  Unfortunately, I ran out of time on Saturday and wasn't able to get pictures of my outfit.  I am slightly neurotic about my clothes (a.k.a. I get bored very easily), so instead of wearing the same outfit on Sunday I changed it up a bit but kept the skirt the same.  Plus, it was still laying on the settee in my room from the day before, so it made the dressing process much quicker.

Neon colors are trending for Spring, so brace yourself for lots of color in the next couple of months.  If you are unsure about rocking something so bright, try it in small doses first (accessories, t-shirts, shoelaces, etc).  Before you know it, you'll be having flashbacks of the late 80's/early 90's and wanting to dig up your neon green Lycra leggings while belting out Tiffany's hit "I Think We're Alone Now."

What's the brightest piece of clothing you own?  


Daily Style File
Turtleneck:  Forever 21 (Winter 2011)
Open cardigan:  Porridge via Anthropologie (Winter 2011)
Skirt:  Forever 21 (Winter 2011)
Necklace:  Anthropologie (Winter 2011)
Boots:   Nine West Vintage America via Belk (Fall 2011)

I Wore It Where?
errands, preschool open house, dinner 

4 comments:

  1. I'm all about orange! It my brand colors. I always have something orange on. Nt sure I could rock an orange skirt (don't need to highlight my fat ass) but my favorite scarf is orange, and of course, my new giant orange Libby bag (camera bag that I also use as a tote when not hauling camera gear)
    http://kellymoorebag.com/womens/libby-bag-orange.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohhh! I love your camera bag and you would never know it is one! It is so chic. Orange accessories go just as far as orange clothes!

      Delete
  2. Love the zesty orange. I have been coveting a pair of grey boots, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. You should totally be able to find some grey boots since all the stores are trying to clear out winter inventory. I'll keep an eye out and if I see any cute ones, I'll let you know. By the way, your spinach cheese balls are awesome. :)

      Delete