Schooled

After yesterday's hair debacle, I decided to go the opposite route and do nothing today.  Say hello to what doing nothing to your hair looks like.  It certainly brings new meaning to the term effortless - or maybe less effort is more appropriate.  I need a haircut style but I am not sure what to do since I have an obvious lack of hair styling skill and time.  Plus, I am still desperately growing it out from my pixie cut two years ago.  Yes, 2 years! Do you see why there is hesitancy?  The kids will be in college before these locks are finally long.

Since I grew up with short hair, I really don't know what to do with long hair (see evidence in pretty much every picture I have ever posted).  Sometime last year I discovered online hair tutorials and have been watching them to teach myself how to do my little girl's hair.  In case you are wondering, Cute Girls Hairstyles is one of my favorites.   There are some mommy-friendly styles on there too (ummm, now you know where I learned my "fancy" side twists).  Along the way, I also stumbled upon the genius of Kate at The Small Things Blog who is a professional hair stylist who posts video's online.  Oh, and she lives in NC too.  Another local.  I like it.

So, let's see if 2012 can bring some better looking hairstyles around here.  Can I have a cheers for hairspray, curling irons and flat irons?!

P.S. If you don't see any changes in my pictures, it's because the attempt failed miserably and I had to shower out the evidence just like yesterday. Or, I couldn't get my act together to coordinate getting dressed and doing my hair.  I know you all would rather see me dressed with messy hair than naked with it styled to perfection.


Daily Style File
Sweater:  Gap (Spring 2010)
Top:  Gap (Winter 2011)
Skirt:  Old Navy (Fall 2011) last worn here
Bracelet:  Source unknown
Belt: Anthropologie (Spring 2011) last worn here
Boots:  Schuler & Sons Philadelphia via Anthropologie (Holiday 2011) last worn here

I Wore It Where?
preschool, errands

No comments:

Post a Comment