Feelin' blue

Today I wanted to make sure I looked nice because I had an appointment to consign some of my kid's old clothes and toys.  In my mind, if I looked half-way put together they would want to pay me top dollar for all of the things I brought to them.  Because the obsessively ironed, folded and organized bins I dropped off didn't speak enough for themselves.

What I forgot to take into account was the fact that I have zero sense of direction and it would take me four phone calls to them to find the drop-off entrance at their new location.  By the time I actually pulled up, I looked like a crazed woman with no flippin' sense of direction (or sense, period).  Oh, and it was lunch time and the kids were hungry.  My plan of strolling on in early, dropping off my items with a little skip in my step, gliding out of the store to go to lunch with my two perfectly mannered children all while looking like I have this whole mother thing down pat went totally out the window. 

Did I mention it was pajama day at preschool too?  To top it off, my almost 4-year old was wearing her pj's and looking like I just didn't care enough to put her in real clothes. You know, like the ones I was trying to sell them.

P.S.  See? I wasn't joking when I said everyone needs to add some navy to their closets this winter.

P.P.S. Don't look too closely at my boots.  They need to be shined.  What used to be "character" is now making them look like they are going to fall apart at any moment.  I'm on it.

P.P.P.S. Did anyone watch the Critics' Choice Awards?  I didn't either.  But, I did check out all the red carpet looks and picked up this little legs crossed, hand on hip move.  You like?


Daily Style File
Dress:  Lush via Nordstrom (Spring 2010)
Jacket:  Carole Little via Marshalls (Fall 2009)
Leggings:  Old Navy (Summer 2011)
Belt:  Anthropologie (Winter 2011)
Boots:  Steven by Steve Madden (Fall 2008)

I Wore It Where?
preschool, errands 

No comments:

Post a Comment