Navy

I have a lot of black basics in my closet.  It goes with everything.  But, you know what?  So does navy.   It's less harsh looking than black.  Equally as neutral.  Strikingly fresh.  And sadly often forgotten. I think we should all make it a point to add a little navy into our ensembles this winter.

My leggings are actually long johns.  Yup, like the ones I used to wear skiing as a child.  Except they are from J.Crew and not some outdoor store that supports winter activities.  So, maybe they are a little hipper than skiing long johns.  I found them at the bottom of a box at the J.Crew Warehouse sale.  Actually, a man found them and proceeded to study them and some other items for at least 10 minutes.  Whenever anyone takes that much time to consider a purchase of an $8 pair of pants, I take note.  So, I casually digged through boxes right next to him and even more casually picked up any items he discarded so I could peruse myself.  These were in his discarded pile.  I have no idea if they are mens or womens and really don't care.  I find the navy color to be fresh and the fact they are thermal underwear makes them hip.  Right?


Daily Style File
Turtleneck:  Forever 21 (Holiday 2011)
Skirt:  Forever 21 (Fall 2011)
Necklace: Source unknown
Boots:  One of 2 via Nordstrom (Fall 2008)


I Wore It Where?
preschool, errands    

No comments:

Post a Comment