Friday

I have had a bit of a lack in posts this week.  Not because I haven't been getting dressed everyday.  But, rather because I have found how to put the quiet in quiet time (for this week, at least) and that is when I normally do my blog post.  I know.  It's a miracle.  Read on, my friends, read on.

During "quiet time" my daughter and I have been taking advantage of this amazing spring-like weather to do some yardwork.  Now, for anyone that knows me well, I think I just heard audible gasps through the computer.  I. did. yardwork.  Just writing those words is as shocking to me as it probably is for you to read them.  Let me explain.  We got a bumper crop of acorns this year.  Which is really too bad because we got one last year and they are only supposed to happen every 7 years or something like that.  So, thinking we were in the clear, we mulched our entire property (+1.25 acres) in September.  Unfortunately, the acorns starting dropping about 2 weeks later.  By the bucket loads.  Leaving us with acorn mulch and a lot of disappointment.

However, I discovered that by spending "quiet time" outside picking up sticks and acorns that my sweet, loud little girl will be so preoccupied with sitting in the wheelbarrow that she won't make a peep for 15+ minutes at a time, except for the occasional excitement squeal.  Seriously, it is like finding another wonder of the world.  In my own yard.  After about 15 minutes, she usually jumps out, spills whatever I have put in the wheelbarrow and runs off to play.  But, then she comes back, jumps back in and the cycle starts again.  She even had a tea party in there, on top of all the acorns.  All of this happens while I find myself not caring if I am raking or getting dirty because it is quiet

We are headed outside again in a bit, but since she is currently practicing dragon noises while sitting on the potty I thought I would take a couple moments to post today's outfit.  Happy weekend, friends.

PS. You'll see I even have some mud on my boots to show you just how outdoorsy I have been this week!

PPS.  Baggy black t-shirts aren't flattering. But, I was trying to make up for the skimp factor on my child's size jacket by adding an extra large t-shirt to the mix. 


Daily Style File
Shirt:  Mossimo by Target (Fall 2010)
Jacket:  Crewcuts by J.Crew (Fall 2011)
Skirt:  Xhilaration by Target (Spring 2011)
Leggings:  Old Navy (Spring 2011)

I Wore It Where?
preschool, errands

No comments:

Post a Comment