12 things I learned today

1.  Long pants on a wet day = wet pants all day long.

2.  My days of wearing low-rise pants are over.  for real.

3.  My almost 4 year old wants blue hair so I tied a blue scarf to her head and that satisfied her.  I wonder if that will still work when she is 15.

4.  Old women don't like when you offer them money.  After watching an elderly woman in line spend many minutes searching for her wallet and saying, "You can never find it when you need it," I offered to pay for her purchases.  She snapped her head at me, told me she had plenty of money and didn't need mine and then proceeded to pay.  I, of course, felt horrible that I had a. offended her by implying she didn't have money and/or b. rushed her.  Despite the gesture gone awry, I'd do it again.

5.  Little boys like to push stuffed animals and dollies in baby doll strollers just as much as little girls.  I think it is totally awesome.

6.  My kids like the idea of Lunchables much more than they like eating the actual Lunchable.

7.  I really like Target's clearance sales, even if I am not buying, because seeing what a good deal people will get makes me giddy. FYI -  Toys and baby items will go 75% off this month and a lot has been marked to 30-50% already.

8.  Even grown men who wear hunting jackets and drive big SUV's get visibly shaken when they run their car off the road, through a ditch, and into a tree.  People are more fragile than you may think so take the 10 seconds to check and make sure they are okay (if it is safe to do so), even if you didn't witness it (man = okay, SUV = totaled).

9.  I wish I could sing like Adele but I really can't sing.  at all.

10.  I purposely drive by construction sites because I love the high pitched squealing sounds my 16 month old son makes whenever he sees a piece of heavy machinery or anything with wheels.

11.  Watching hair videos hasn't improved my hair styling abilities.  yet. 

12.  Wearing pants like Heidi Klum doesn't give you legs like Heidi Klum.


Daily Style File
Dress (worn as shirt): Xhilaration by Target (Summer 2011)
Sweater:  Trina Turk via Nordstrom (Fall 2008)
Pants: Miss Sixty (2004-ish)
Necklace: Anthropologie (Winter 2010)
Shoes:  Corso Como

I Wore It Where?
preschool, errands 

2 comments:

  1. Your blog totally inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Harriet! I totally appreciate you checking it out.

      Delete