Swing top

A couple of weeks ago, I twisted my daughter's wet hair into little buns all over her head before bed.  The result in the morning was nothing short of fabulous with luscious, natural looking curls all over her almost 4 year old head.  Don't worry, there was no Toddlers & Tiaras going on over here.

Last night I had the brilliant idea to do the same to my own hair.  Why should my preschooler have all the fun?  Well, let me just say I was a sight to be seen when I woke up this morning. By the time I took my hair out, it was literally no less than a foot wide and came no longer than my ears.  It was a frizzy, albeit curly, mess.  Instead of debuting a perfectly coiffed head of hair for you today, I am sporting the plain Jane twisted pull back 'do.  And, if you are wondering, I had to shower and deep condition to coax my hair back to normal.

You all know by now that turtlenecks are like t-shirts in my closet.  I wear them all the time and with everything.  Well, one thing I don't wear all the time is swing tops.  If you have ever been pregnant, you know that after pregnancy you have an insane dislike of anything maternity or maternity-looking as well as an overarching fear that people will still think you are pregnant.  At least I do.  All those fears went out the window when I saw this top.   I love it and don't care what anyone thinks.  It's hard to see in the pictures, but it even has little tonal, flocked hearts all over it.  Love.  Plus, it hides any holiday indulging and looks chic paired with a number of items in my closet.  If you want to try the same, just layer it with something fitted so your shape isn't lost in the layers.

Daily Style File
Turtleneck:  Old Navy (Fall 2011) last worn here
Top:  Forever 21 (Holiday 2011)
Jeans:  Gap (Spring 2011) last worn here
Necklace:  Anthropologie (Holiday 2011)
Clogs: Anthropologie  (Spring 2011) last worn here

I Wore It Where?
storytime, errands

No comments:

Post a Comment