Subtle stripes

One of my (very) few fashion rules is no horizontal stripes.  I'm a curvy mama and as much as I love the classic look of stripes, they never seem to translate well on me.  I've tried, time and time again, with no success.  Until recently.  I finally found a horizontal stripe that works for me.  Slimming, subtle, sophisticated. At Old Navy and on my derriere, no less. 

Old Navy is one of those stores that I shop at in waves.  Maternity clothes?  Check.  Postpartum clothes?  Check.  Inexpensive and trendy?  Check and check.  However, up until a few weeks ago, I hadn't been into an Old Navy in a couple of months.  Blame it on Old Navy overload when I am preggo.  My recent finds (combined with their recent promotions) have reminded me why it is good to remember to stop in once in a while.

This skirt has gotten me so many compliments and it was less than $20.  I love the subtlety of the color and the width of the stripes.  The fabric is thick and the cut is slimming.  It's a feminine skirt, but not in a flowery feminine way.  With the chill back in the air, I was also excited to break out my new moto jacket from Target clearance.  I think it looks so much more expensive than the $28 I paid for it.


Daily Style File
3/4 Tee:  Old Navy (Fall 2011)
Cropped Tee:  frenchi via Nordstrom (Summer 2011) 
Skirt:  Old Navy (Fall 2011)
Jacket:  Xhilaration via Target (Fall 2011)
Necklace:  Brand unknown via Nordstrom (Summer 2011)
Scarf:  Source unknown
Tights:  Spanx
Boots:  Franco Sarto via Nordstrom Rack (Fall 2011)

I Wore It Where?
preschool, errands, shopping, birthday party

No comments:

Post a Comment