One...two...pee?

It seems like a first blog post should be witty, inspirational, and oh yes, fashionable. I mean, this is intended to be a blog to embrace mommy style. However, one little thing seems to keep getting in the way.  pee.  Yes, I said it.  pee.  pee-pee.  tinkle.  piddles.  piss.  Whatever you want to call it. 

No sooner did I finish registering with blogger when I heard my 3.5 year old making noise in her room (a.k.a. "quiet time" was over).  As I set foot in her room, I found myself stepping in a puddle of pee.  Lots. Of. Pee.  It covered places I didn't know pee could reach and I'm pretty sure it is in other areas myself and my Swiffer didn't even think to go.

While cleaning it up, I found myself pondering important questions that are sure to change the world. How does one look fashionable cleaning up toddler pee? Or changing diapers all day? For scrubbing food off tables, floors, and little faces? And doing preschool drop-offs and pick-ups? Seriously. As a fashion-obsessed-former-fashion-industry-professional-turned-stay-at-home-mommy, these are the things I think about. Live the life of a Stay at Home mom one day and you'll see why many moms just choose their sweats, or yoga pants, and call it an outfit.  Not me.  I just can't do it.

I like to fit in.  I do.  I really do.  But, you know, I have a closet full of clothes that are begging me to wear them.  They get neglected during pregnancy...and subsequently post-partum, so really, can you blame them? Unlike supermodels and celebrities, it seems to take my body a year to regain any semblence of its past self.  And still, after a pretty hungry year, I find myself having to  squeeze (or tuck) my newly shaped mommy body into my clothes.

So, moms, let's get dressed together and perhaps we can all learn a fashionable thing or two from one another.  They always say, "milk does a body good."  Well, I kind of think clothes do too.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I love the new blog and I think you are super cute. Oh, and so stylish!

    ReplyDelete