Do princesses wear jeggings?

I finally caved to the jeggings trend.  Or, maybe the word jeggings is already last year because the tag said Jean Leggings.  Either way, I caved.  I am happy I did.  I think.  They seem totally acceptable with tall boots and an oversized shirt.  I haven't tried enough different style tops with them to have a set opinion on shirt style but my instinct seems to guide me to bigger rather than smaller.

For my first foray into the world of jeggings, I decided the key was to layer and flow.  Black turtlenecks are one of my wardrobe staples and they never lead me astray.  So, I layered that with a flowy, oversized tank and a statement necklace.  The size of the tank helped me feel okay about the tightness of my pants, at least in my mind.  And, a necklace seems to make so much more of a statement when it is on top of a black turtleneck.

My daughter and I had Princess Day today (nails, shopping, Build-A-Bear, dress up) and although I haven't seen too many princesses following the jegging trend, I highly recommend it.

Have you ever worn jeggings?  If so, I'd love to hear your favorite way to wear them.



Daily Style File:
Jeggings:  Joe's Jeans via Nordstrom Rack (Fall 2011)
Turtleneck:  Mossimo via Target (Fall 2011)
Tank:  Old Navy (Summer 2007)
Necklace:  Source Unknown
Boots:  Nine West Vintage America via Belk (Fall 2011)

I Wore It Wear?
shopping, out to eat, nail salon, errands

No comments:

Post a Comment