Mom jeans

I have always loved the look of a dress layered with pants.  Trendy or not.  It doesn't matter to me as long as I love what I am wearing. (Speaking of love, I was wearing a dress over pants when I met my husband, so that makes it a lucky look too.)  I don't follow many rules when it comes to fashion and tend to wear what appeals to me.  For better or worse.

So, that's why I am wearing my mom jeans.  You know, the same style Jessica Simpson wore when she got berated by the media.  That may scare most folks off.  But, I am not most folks.  Not only am I wearing them, but I decided it was okay to pair them with an orange dress and my pink/blue hued necklace and belt.  And, yes, you are seeing my black turtleneck again and you will be seeing it many more times over the course of the fall/winter.  It's one of the easiest ways to bring summer into fall.  Someday I will probably even wear my mom jeans so you can see them in all their belly button skimming glory.  That, my friends, will be a whole other blog post.

P.S.  A pair of wide leg jeans doesn't only scream retro and mom jeans.  It apparently also sets preschoolers into a tizzy wondering if I have any feet.  Just sayin.  And, yes.  I do have feet.  Bedecked in some awesome black booties, thank you very much.


Daily Style File
Jeans:  Gap (Spring 2011) similar style linked
Turtleneck:  Mossimo (Fall 2011)
Dress:  JCrew via JCrew Warehouse Sale (Fall 2011)
Necklace:  Anthropologie (Spring 2011)
Belt:  Anthropologie (Spring 2011)
Shoes:  Me Too via DSW (Spring 2011) similar style linked

I Wore It Wear?
preschool, errands

No comments:

Post a Comment