It's raining faux real

I felt like a giddy school girl today.  It was raining and that meant I finally had a chance to break out the rain boots I mentioned in this post.  Ahh, who knew the pitter patter of rain could be so sweet?

My excitement subsided a bit when I realized I wasn't really sure how to wear rain boots.  I don't recall ever owning a pair and didn't want to look like I had been waiting for a rainy day just to bust them out (even though I had...wink, wink).  That's where the "sister" dress to the one I mentioned here came into play.  You see, I don't just have the short sleeve version of the dress, I also have the sleeveless one.  She's just as much of a workhorse as her sister, in case you are wondering.

So, my tank dress layered with a long sleeve tee, a thick cowl neck sweater, and some leggings and I was ready for my rain boot debut.  I love how chic they look with the minimalistic faux croc print and I didn't once have to worry about standing in the rain or walking through puddles.  Now perhaps I'll have to find an equally chic trench coat to wear.

P.S. My son has taken to eating chalk, so the princess drawing on the chalkboard remains while the chalk is locked away.


Daily Style File
Dress:  Xhilaration by Target (Spring 2011) similar linked
Shirt:  Gap (Summer 2011)
Sweater:  Vince. via T.J.Maxx (Fall 2009)
Leggings:  Old Navy (Spring 2011)
Headband:  Source unknown
Rain boots:  Old Navy (Fall 2011)    

I Wore It Where?
preschool, errands

No comments:

Post a Comment