The dress that keeps on giving

Since Thanksgiving is fast approaching, let's discuss things clothes we are thankful for.  You know the holiday commercials about gifts that keep on giving?  Well, let me introduce you to a dress that does just that.  Seriously.  It gives and gives and gives.  It's a workhorse.  A wardrobe staple.  Oh, and did I mention it's affordable too?  Meet the black jersey dress.  I bought it this summer for $19.99 at Target and I have worn it countless times since.  Somedays I wear it as a shirt and others as a dress.  It hugs all the right places and stretches in them too.  And, despite all the wash and wear, the fabric still looks great.  Winner winner chicken turkey dinner.

Today I paired it with some trouser jeans in a classic dark wash, a neutral sweater vest and a fun necklace.  Easy as pumpkin pie.

P.S. The black dress isn't available online, but they do have red.  How festive.


Daily Style File
Dress:   Xhilaration via Target (Summer 2011) similar linked
Vest:  Gap (Spring 2011)
Jeans:  7 For All Mankind via T.J.Maxx (Fall 2008) similar linked
Necklace:  Anthropologie (Spring 2011)
Shoes:  Joe's Jeans via Nordstrom (Summer 2011)

I Wore It Where?
preschool, kindermusik

No comments:

Post a Comment