Coming up roses

I bought this blazer a couple of years ago.  I love that it's timeless and vintage looking all at the same time.  I remember thinking it looked like Victorian upholstery.  Obviously from the ridiculously low price tag ($10), others agreed and didn't want to wear their Great Aunt Maple's sofa on their back.  I, on the other hand, immediately scanned my surroundings (in case someone else tried to snatch the jacket out of my hands) and threw it in my cart.  I. wanted. it. It's been a match made in heaven ever since.

The rust color in the jacket and the peach color in my lace tank are an unexpected and feminine combination - one of my favorites.  Plus, there is something about the pairing of ankle jeans and flats that I just love.

While we are talking about ankle jeans, let me just clarify for my father's sake:  No, Dad, these are not clamdiggers.  Those would go mid-calf.  And I probably wouldn't be wearing them.  Yes, maybe highwaters, but for lack of a better term, let's call them ankle jeans, okay?  Regardless, thanks for dutifully checking my new blog everyday.

P.S. Don't you all love the princess my daughter drew on the chalkboard today?


Daily Style File
Jacket:  Ellen Tracy via T.J.Maxx (Fall 2009)
Tank:  Eyeshadow via T.J.Maxx (Spring 2011)
Jeans:  Lucky Brand via T.J.Maxx (Fall 2011)
Necklace:  Anthropologie (Spring 2011)
Shoes:  All Black via Anthropologie (Spring 2011)


I Wore It Wear?
preschool, playdate, pediatrician's office, grocery store

1 comment: