Dreary day, Sunny outfit

We have dark curtains in our room and they serve more purpose than to just keep out daylight.  Apparently they are not only sight but also sound barriers to rainfall.  You see, normally on rainy days I have no desire to get dressed in much more than yoga pants and sneakers (gasp!).  Who wants to ruin a perfectly good pair of shoes while trying to get two kids in and out of the car?  Not I.  No, not I.

So, imagine my surprise when I emerged dressed and ready for the day only to find that it was wet outside.  Oy vey.   At least my leather boots can handle the rain.  Plus, I wasn't wearing jeans that get wet on the bottom and then cause rain to slowly seep up the pant leg and remain wet the rest of the day.  You get the picture, right?  On the bright side,  it actually felt kind of good to be wearing a little yellow on an otherwise dreary day.



Daily Style File                                                            
Dress: Forever 21 (Fall 2008)
Sweater: Free People via Belk (Summer 2011)
Leggings: Old Navy (Summer 2011)
Boots:  Jeffrey Campbell Frontier Nordstrom (Fall 2009)
Necklace:  Old Navy (Winter 2010)

I Wore It Where?
Preschool, Errands, Shopping

P.S.  The rain also pushed me over the edge and right on over to Old Navy to pick up this pair of rainboots I had seen on clearance the day before.  A little rain + a clearance price tag + the Friends and Family 30% off coupon does it everytime (note:  The online price is full retail. I scored them for $16).  I'll be sure to share when I wear these new beauties.

P.P.S.  Beware if you have kids and a sweater dress like the one I am wearing.  I think it is stretched about 3x the original size from kiddos pulling on it all day.  I'm going to try and reshape it in the wash...we'll see if there is a difference next time I wear it.  Don't be scared, my hiney wasn't peeping out.

No comments:

Post a Comment