Colorblocking

I had colorblocking on the brain today.  It seems to be a trend that just keeps going and everytime I think it is over, I see more colorblocked items pop up.  I received a catalog yesterday and all the cover models were wearing colorblocked outfits, so that makes it still ok to wear.  I can't tell if there are any particular rules for this trend, so I just went with what I felt like.  Once I took the pictures, however, I realized that perhaps my color combo could easily be confused with some collegiate colors.  Have no fear, the colors don't mean anything.  In fact, I am rarely correct on what sports are played in what season, so what colors are associated with what school is way way out of what my brain is capable of processing.

By the time I took this picture, I had cream cheese smeared across my skirt and something splattered on my boots (milk, maybe?).  However, I had finally removed the dry toothpaste that I found around my mouth - but only after I dropped my daughter at preschool and ran some errands that involved me getting assistance from the salespeople.  Ugh.  I have to remember to look more closely in the mirror before leaving the house.

My favorite part of my outfit today is the back of my shirt.  My only complaint is that I somehow hooked my purse on the strings while trying to get my son into the car - which invariably set off a chain of events that may or may not have involved me hopping around the parking lot with my purse hanging off of me while muttering curse words to myself and swatting the air like some lunatic.

Happy February, everyone!


Daily Style File
Shirt:  Lush via T.J.Maxx (Winter 2011)
Skirt:  Forever 21 (Fall 2011)
Boots:   Nine West Vintage America via Belk (Fall 2011)

I Wore It Where?
preschool, music class, errands 

No comments:

Post a Comment