I heart hearts

I've been sick.  For over a week.  And not sic like cool.  Sick like no voice, no sleep, crazy headaches, and a major test of my patience.  And parenting skills.

It's Valentine's Day today and my voice is finally back.  The raspy-but-definitely-not-sexy sound is gone.  My energy is back too, but that could be due to the Valentine's chocolates Girl Scout cookies I made the mistake of buying.

I am not usually an advocate of theme dressing, unless you are under the age of 14.  However, once you have kids, you suddenly see some justification for wearing heart pins and holiday sweaters.  Okay, maybe not heart pins and holiday sweaters, but at least a heart blouse.  You also find justification for using a heart shaped cookie cutter to make themed lunches.  As you can imagine, my daughter's lunch was cut into hearts today.  Every. single. item.  Including the strawberries. I couldn't help myself.  So, I spread the love to my clothes as well and broke down and wore a subtle heart-emblazoned cami.  With a turtleneck, of course.  Because you all know I heart turtlenecks.  The rest of the outfit is pretty basic and not really romantic. But, neither is coughing up a lung for the past week, so let's take what we can get.  Progress is progress.

Have a lovely Valentine's day!


Daily Style File
Turtleneck:  Mossimo via Target (Fall 2011)
Cami:  Happening in the Present via Nordstrom (Summer 2011)
Jeans:  True Religion
Necklace:  Anthropologie (Winter 2010)
Shoes:  Mossimo Supply Co. via Target (Winter 2012) 

I Wore It Where?
preschool, errands 

No comments:

Post a Comment