Layers

Every time I wear this dress, something feels a little off about it.  It is proportionally more baggy in the waist than the hips.  (FYI - I am blaming it more on the design of the dress than the shape of my body.)  So, there is lots of adjusting going on.  That issue is now compounded by the fact that I recently shrunk it in the wash.  Oops.  It also lost the luster the fabric used to have.  Darn. Laundry just isn't my forte.  I get sidetracked and then end up shoving everything from the washer into the dryer and forgetting all the items I made a mental note to take special care of. 

Last time I wore it, I wore a belt to help flatten out some of the bagginess in the waist.  Today I decided to layer a sweater on top.  And necklaces.  There is not much I can do about the length and width that shrunk.  Grrr.  I hate it when I ruin perfectly good clothes.

Since I really like the royal blue color and don't have much else like it in my closet, I am trying to make it work.  This may be this dress's last hurrah though.  Or maybe there is an app Spanx for that.



Daily Style File
Dress:  Gap (Spring 2009)
Sweater:  Gap
Leggings:  Old Navy (Spring 2011)
Necklace:  Simply Vera by Vera Wang for Kohl's (Fall 2009) 
Boots:  Nine West Vintage America via Belk (Fall 2011)
 
I Wore It Where?
preschool, kindermusik

No comments:

Post a Comment