Dressed down

I have an affinity for dresses.  Especially when they are tulip shaped like this one. Maybe because it accentuates the curves and hides the flaws.  In the past I have worn this dress with heels, but since being a stay at home mom doesn't afford me too many options to wear stilettos, I decided to dress it down.  There's no use having it sit in my closet unworn.  Enter my boots and the jean jacket which is already making a reappearance from yesterday.  I'm telling you, I am totally serious about this Spring thing.  It needs to be here.  Now.  Or yesterday.

This dress is so comfy and versatile that not only did I do my usual routine but I also went on a late afternoon/early evening trail walk in it.  Like an in the woods trail.  Unpaved and everything.  I felt so outdoorsy.  Until I looked down and realized I was in a dress and boots.  And wearing a necklace and carrying my purse.  But, hey, everyone's idea of outdoorsy is different.  My daughter went on a last minute playdate before dinner so the hubs and I decided to embrace it and take our son on a little outdoor hike.  Or something like that.  Maybe next time I'll really let loose and leave my purse in the car.  At least I left my Starbucks there.


Daily Style File
Dress:  Iisli via T.J.Maxx Rent the Runway (Fall 2009)
Jacket:  INC (Winter 2005)
Necklace:  Gifted
Belt:  Anthropologie (Holiday 2011)
Boots:  One of 2 via Nordstrom


I Wore It Where?
preschool, errands, a hike (!!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment