Pinterest Pinspiration: Bright is alright

It would be difficult not to notice all the bright hues of denim in stores right now.   My first instinct was to steer clear of putting any colored denim on my derriere.  My second instinct arrived about 15 seconds later and screamed, "you need to get your hands on some of those!  pronto!"  And while I intended to go with a safe color like blue, well, you can see below how that turned out.  The yellow was calling to me and the nice boy at the Gap assured me that they were cool.  And nice boys at the Gap don't lie, right?

Be aware that most brands are using a skinny legging jean style for their colored denim looks.  The bad news?  That isn't everyone's best look.  The good news is they have so much stretch in them that it doesn't matter.  They are actually quite comfortable and all it took for me was finding a rise that works for my, ahem, mom body. 

Since this was my first foray since sixth grade wearing neon pants, I decided to play it safe and pair it with a denim dress tunic.  Again the nice boy at the Gap assured me it wasn't maternity, it didn't look maternity, and there was no way anyone would mistake it as such.  Cuz, you know I don't want to throw anyone into a tizzy thinking that baby #3 is on the way.  It isn't.   Just to emphasize the point, I paired it with a wide belt.  Cuz I can.  Topped off (or bottomed off?) with some leopard print shoes and the outfit was complete in my book.  If you are ever in doubt, finish an outfit off with some animal print and you'll be good to go.  Works every time.

Here's my Pinterest Pinspiration for today:

 
                                                  (via)

Yellow pants + dark denim + flats + brown accessories


Daily Style File
Dress:  Gap
Jeans:  Gap
Belt:  Gap (old)
Shoes:  Calvin Klein

No comments:

Post a Comment